Building Relationships of Value with Bob Burg: Lead to Succeed 17
Bob Burg is a sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences sharing the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
Bob is the author of many books on sales, marketing and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. His book, The Go-Giver, coauthored with John David Mann has sold over half a million copies and it has been translated into 21 languages. It has been released in a new, expanded edition, with a foreword by Huffington Post founder and publisher, Arianna Huffington.
- What motivated Bob to write
- The importance of relationship building in driving sales
- Shifting from getting to giving (providing value to others)
- Be there for others
- Bob’s 5 elements of value: excellence, consistency, attention, empathy and appreciation
- How to become more consistent in your work
- Why you should start small and build momentum
- Leadership is influence: The ability to move persons to a desire action
- Great leaders pull, they don’t push
- How and why to check yourself against your client’s/team’s needs
- Suspend, don’t suppress, your self-interest
- Difference between Level 5 and Level 4 leaders
- Why so many people fail at leadership
- Great technicians don’t always become great leaders
- How Bob became a better leader
- How leadership “is a thing”
Interesting fact: Several studies have suggested that when you give to others, your generosity is likely to be rewarded by others down the line—sometimes by the person you gave to, sometimes by someone else.
Leadership quote of the day: “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.” Harold S. Geneen
The ‘Lead to Succeed’ Podcast dives deep into personal leadership journeys. It seeks to understand how leaders got to where they are today, and the challenges and successes that they experienced along the way. Its goal is to empower leaders to optimize performance and enjoy sustained success.
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session and learn about our Mastermind Group.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.