In this episode, Naphtali interviews Mark Levy, CEO and founder of Levy Innovation. Mark talks about discovering your USP and selling that big, SEXY idea that sets you apart in this competitive marketplace. Mark talks about coming up with an internal marketing strategy that will help leaders articulate their thoughts properly and drive up engagement levels. He recounts some of his experiences where he successfully built up his clients brand equity. He also talks about mastering your critical elevator speech, a must in this fast paced, competitive economy. Tune in and discover some great insights from this positioning consultant on how to build and sustain the most important brand, yourself.
- 00:23 – Naphtali introduces Mark Levy
- 02:03 – Mark can help you in multiple ways
- 02:14 – A positioning consultant, he can help you sell your big, sexy IDEA; has experience of selling books worth millions of dollars
- 04:37 – Books are heavily commoditized today; in order to notch up sales, it is important to develop instincts for knowing what sells and what does not
- 07:10 – Deal with slacking engagement levels and build your IDENTITY via a clear and dramatic INTERNAL marketing strategy
- 12:33 – Mark has an incredibly high closing rate due to his terrific BRANDING strategy; prospects who approach him are already ready to close
- 16:43 – Mark recounts his experience with Lisa McCloud, a sales consultant
- 22:10 – IDENTIFY what you are truly about, and tell stories that back that up formally and informally
- 23:00 – Mastering the ELEVATOR SPEECH
- 23:54 – Come up with a modular speech that can entice people in a short period of time
- 29:57 – NAME an important idea that you are trying to sell within your organization
- 31:44 – Best Marketing Message that you have seen that wasn’t your own? The idea of “Purple Cow”
- 32:47 – Your Favorite Magic Trick? The magic trick by the French magician Robert Houdin that supposedly helped stop a war!
- 34:22 – One thing about your life, religion or culture that you are really curious about but have not discovered the answer to Wonders why we do not have more control over feelings, and why our feelings are not always in sync with what is happening around us
Connect with Mark:
35:50 – Connect with Mark through this website
- 37:00 – The Final Takeaway: Pay deep attention to obvious things to find differentiation and enhance your life
Google’s first ever tweet was sent in 2009. It was binary code for “I’m Feeling Lucky”, which is the (doodles) button next to the search button on Google.
- Levy Innovation – Mark’s company
- Becoming the New Boss: The New Leader's Guide to Sustained Success – Naphtali’s book
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.
Contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session.