Innovate To Stay On Top with Brian Harper: Lead to Succeed 21
In this episode, Naphtali interviews Brian Harper, CEO of Rouse Properties. Brian delves into the importance of innovation and looking at the big picture, critical ingredients for success. Drawing from his years of experience, Brian provides some great leadership advice for folks embarking on their professional journeys. He talks about the need for transparency and a need to be inspired by something greater than money. You will also learn about his involvement with Autism Speaks and the various joys and challenges of raising an autistic child. Tune in and feel inspired by hearing this passionate entrepreneur share his life’s learnings.
- 01:01 – Naphtali introduces Brian Harper
- 02:25 – Brian shares his biggest business challenge that he successfully managed to overcame
- 05:19 – Learn how close friends and family help Brian get rid of self-doubt
- 08:06 – We talk about the value of learning continuously
- 10:29 – Discussing how innovation, dynamism and having an eye on the big picture is key to success
- 13:18 – Brian’s leadership advice for young professionals
- 16:20 – Brian talks about the joys and challenges of raising his autistic child; he also talks about this involvement with Autism Speaks
- 22:21 – Learn why it is crucial that you deal with your colleagues with absolute transparency
- 24:23 – Would love to spend time with Jesus and Elon Musk for their exceptional leadership skills
- 26:18 – Brian talks about his spiritual connection; draws inspiration from the Gospel to be a servant leader and to lead by example
- 29:31 – Favorite form of recreation? Tennis
- 29:37 – Best part of business travel? Exploring different areas and cultures
- 29:48 – The coolest store located on one of your properties? Lulu Lemon and Tesla are some of his favorites
- 30:11 – Something that you are not very good at? Delegating
Connect with Brian:
- 30:31 – Get in touch with Brian via email
- 31:43 – One Final Life Lesson: Follow your passion
In New York, it is a legal requirement for the seller to disclose if the property to be sold is believed to be haunted by ghosts.
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session.