Tips for Getting Up in the Morning
I had a VERY hard time getting up this morning. For some reason, I was just exhausted. 😫
The thought of getting my day going just wasn’t resonating. I kept trying to justify staying in bed. 🛏
But I knew that I had a lot to do before heading out of town for a mini-vacation (finally!)
So, I reminded myself about what I would miss out on by sleeping in, including the kind of prayer service that most works for me and getting my work day started on time.
How do you push through when your head feels like a ton of bricks and your body just won’t respond to the alarm clock?
Here are some tips that I came up with:
- Have something to wake up to, such as prayer 🛐, exercise 🏋, or meditation 🙏.
- Position your alarm clock ⏰ outside of arm’s reach.
- Set your coffee maker to brew a hot cup ☕️ at the designated time.
- Make a WhatsApp group of early risers who hold each other accountable.
- Hang up a calendar 🗓 in a prominent spot and check off each day that you wake up on time.
- Think about your goals 🏹 for the day and how it’ll feel to achieve them EARLY.
- Remind yourself that sleeping in for an extra 15-30 minutes rarely does anything for your general energy level
What else can you add to this list?