Jaime Jay founded Slapshot Studio, LLC in 2013. He wanted a business that combined his life-long passion for the sport of ice hockey with his ability to build websites and thus the Slapshot Studio brand was born.
- Why Hockey has become so central to Jaime’s branding
- Tips for conversation starters and networking
- Leadership Lessons from the (Hockey) Ice
- Why leaders need to put team first
- Why Jaime started a podcast
- How to monetize indirectly
- How podcasts help create and deepen connection
- Add podcasting to your marketing outreach
- Why the podcasting community is so good to each other
- How we transitioned from transactional to relational-based economies
- Why companies should all start internal podcasts
- How Jaime overcame the devastating 2008 recession (lost home, business)
- What Jamie would tell his 25-year-old self
- SlapshotStudio.com/tv (YouTube)
Interesting fact: Prior to the 1960s, hockey sticks were straight. Stan Mikita, a Chicago Blackhawks Hall of Famer, is credited with introducing the curve to the stick in the 60s.
Leadership quote of the day: “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” Steve Jobs
The ‘Lead to Succeed’ Podcast dives deep into personal leadership journeys. It seeks to understand how leaders got to where they are today, and the challenges and successes that they experienced along the way. Its goal is to empower leaders to optimize performance and enjoy sustained success.
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session and learn about our Mastermind Group.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.