In this episode, Naphtali interviews Jennifer Kahnweiler, a global speaker and author of the acclaimed book, The Genius of Opposites: How Introverts and Extroverts Achieve Extraordinary Results Together. Jennifer dispels the misconception that you need to be an extrovert in order to be an effective leader. Further she has some great tips for listeners for folks wanting to improve their public speaking. Learn about the 4 P’s which can help you tackle nervousness before a public speech. Tune in and get some wonderful tips that will help you uncover your true leadership potential.
- 01:13 – Naphtali introduces Jennifer Kahnweiler
- 02:18 – Does you personality type affect your leadership potential?
- 04:37 – Learn to be true to comfortable in your own skin and with your personality type
- 05:19 – Clearing the misconception that only extroverts can prove to be great leaders
- 08:13 – Discussing how introverts can influence and manage their peers and superiors
- 09:26 – Naphtali urges listeners to check out Susan Cain’s Ted Talk on “The Power of Introverts”
- 10:19 – Jennifer talks about her new book, The Introverted Leader; Building on Your Quiet Strength
- 13:33 – Learn how to tackle nervousness during public speaking
- 14:36 – Tips and tricks to become an effective public speaker
- 17:32 – The 4 P’s of public speaking: Prepare, Present, Practice and Pushing
- 23:24 – Learn how Jennifer ended up in being public speaking
- 29:07 – The best thing about living in Georgia? The people
- 29:27 – Exercise morning or evening? Morning
- 29:35 – Other than your own, a book that you’ve most often gifted “Street” by Carrie Boretz
- 30:13 – Best stage you’ve ever spoken from? American Library Association National Conference
Connect with Jennifer:
- 34:10 – One Final Life Lesson: Enjoy your life and don’t worry too much
Introverted people are usually very good observers because they understand sometimes it’s best to be quiet and observe. They often notice details and things that others might not notice.
- The Introverted Leader; Building on Your Quiet Strength - Authored by Jennifer
- Quiet Influence: The Introvert’s Guide to Making a Difference - Authored by Jennifer
- The Genius of Opposites: How Introverts and Extroverts Achieve Extraordinary Results Together - Authored by Jennifer
- The power of introverts - A Ted Talk by Susan Cain
- Becoming the New Boss: The New Leader's Guide to Sustained Success – Naphtali’s book
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.