In this episode, Naphtali interviews Sharon Rowe, founder of EcoBags. Sharon urges listeners to build a business that is driven by more than profits by cultivating contentment. We discuss the importance of NOT falling prey to consumerism. Tune in and learn how you can build an intentional, socially responsible, and profitable business and career.
- 01:15 – Naphtali introduces Sharon Rowe
- 02:36 – Sharon explains the concept of an intentional business; aim for building business that is not driven solely by profit considerations
- 05:48 – How can you be more mindful while managing your business?
- 06:48 – Tips and tricks to achieve a great work life balance
- 09:43 – Importance of articulating to yourself what you really want from life
- 11:37 – Will achieving conventional success make you truly happy?
- 13:13 – Sharon urges listeners to avoid going into a materialistic overdrive
- 14:35 – Avoid falling prey to marketing strategies and making frivolous purchases
- 18:05 – The origins of Sharon’s company; what is her business philosophy?
- 20:00 – Balancing ambition with contentment is the true key to happiness
- 23:04 – Sharon provides insights into her book, “The Magic of Tiny Business”
- 26:27 – Learn how Sharon managed to overcome a major challenge in her life and what she learned from it
- 29:03 – On a scale of 1 to 10, how driven are you? Seven
- 29:07 – One interesting thing from your daily routine Write and meditate
- 29:22 – The one person in your life who helped you get to where you are today My mother
- 29:29 – The best thing about living in New York that most folks don’t know Beautiful, culturally diverse with many artists
- 29:00 – The most clever or humorous comic strip that you have read Peanuts
Connect with Sharon:
30:07 - Connect with Sharon through her Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or her Blog
- 31:13 – One Final Life Lesson: Treat yourself well. Keep yourself healthy so that you can do what you want to do
In the US alone, more than 100 billion plastic bags are used each year – that's more than 300 bags per person.
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session.
- Eco Bags - Sharon’s company
- The Magic of Tiny Business – Sharon’s book
- Becoming the New Boss: The New Leader's Guide to Sustained Success – Naphtali’s book