Getting More Done with Less with Estie Rand: Lead to Succeed 32
In this episode, Naphtali interviews Estie Rand, founder of Strand Consulting. Estie provides some great insights which will help drive workplace efficiencies and help get “more done with less”. There is tons to learn as Estie shares great hiring practices which will help you hire new employees as well as deal with current ones. We also talk about some essential project management tools that will help you manage your workflow and communications better. This engaging episode is peppered with heartwarming anecdotes of Estie personal life which are sure to bring a smile to your face. Tune in now.
- 01:11 – Naphtali introduces Estie Rand
- 02:45 – How did the non-profit world help Estie cultivate a “do more with less” mind-set?
- 03:51 – Effective ways to cultivate a “do more with less” mind-set
- 04:50 – Learn about Estie’s hiring matrix that helps ensure that an employee is a good fit for your organization
- 09:16 – Best practices for assessing your existing staff
- 10:15 – Learn about the “Push, Pull and Assess" method and how implementing this method help you get the most out of your employees
- 14:14 – Why are bosses so bad at communicating basic instructions to employees?
- 16:04 – Essential Tools for managing employees and getting the job done
- 17:44 – How to use WhatsApp to manage your workflow and communications
- 19:40 – Estie talks about various file sharing tools and how file sharing has evolved over the years
- 21:31 – What is the biggest mistake that folks make in their professional lives?
- 26:00 – How is Estie able to maintain a good work-life balance?
- 27:51 – Estie recounts a recent heartwarming incident that helped her realize the futility of placing her work over her family
- 30:31 – What is the best time to send an email to a client? 9 am or 12 pm; depends on your client and their industry
- 31:16 – A primary benefit of virtual assistance other than managing costs Cheaper office space
- 31:25 – Favorite drink at Starbucks I like hot cocoa instead
- 31:43 – If you could print a message on a large billboard outside LAX, what would it be? Don’t ever be anyone other than yourself. You are awesome. You are unique and beautiful. Don’t every try to be anyone else
Connect with Estie:
The person you are most important to are your family.
According to podcastinginsights.com, 44% of US population has listened to a podcast. And 80% of people listen to all or most podcasts.