Henry DeVries is the CEO (chief encouragement officer) of Indie Books International, a company he cofounded in 2014. He works with independent consultants who want to attract more high-paying clients by marketing with a book and speech. As a speaker, he trains business development teams and business leaders on how to sell more services by persuading with a story.
In the last ten years, he has helped ghostwrite, edit, and coauthor more than 300 business books, including his McGraw-Hill bestseller, How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett—now in five languages, including Chinese. As a result of his work, consultants and business owners get the four Bs: more bookings, more blogs, more buzz, and a path and plan to more business.
- When and how Henry knew what he would do with his life
- How Henry builds a psychologically safe work environment
- Why having your people do exactly what you ask is NOT a good thing
- The benefits of a transparent workplace
- Leadership lessons from the soccer field
- Henry’s favorite author
- Why Henry wants to meet Abraham Lincoln, and it’s not why you think
- Ideas on how to stay current and what to focus on
Leadership quote of the day: “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” Warren Bennis
The ‘Lead to Succeed’ Podcast dives deep into personal leadership journeys. It seeks to understand how leaders got to where they are today, and the challenges and successes that they experienced along the way. It’s goal is to empower leaders to optimize performance and enjoy sustained success.
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session and learn about our Mastermind Group.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.