Leading with 3 L’s with Melody McBeth: Lead to Succeed 13
In this episode, Naphtali interviews Melody McBeth, consultant at Highland FRS. Drawing from her various consulting experiences, she shares some mantras that set apart the truly great leaders from the rest. We talk about abundance theory, celebrating a team member’s success and practicing the art of active listening. We also talk about the extensive damage that results from inflated egos of leaders. Tune in and learn from this master consultant the tenants of leadership that will help you steer your organization on the correct path.
- 01:14 – Naphtali introduces Melody McBeth
- 02:10 – Melody talks about her work profile
- 03:14 – Learn how Melody started off her consulting work in the non-profit space
- 04:20 – What does “wildly successful” mean for Melody?
- 07:06 – Melody’s recommendation for people wanting to start off their own business
- 08:48 – Practicing the art of clear communication
- 12:46 – The 3 things that Melody looks for from leaders
- 14:28 – How can consulting/coaching help an organization?
- 15:56 – How Melody came to use her martial arts training in her consulting work
- 17:04 – Melody shares some leadership horror stories; huge egos and not being informed
- 19:29 – Learn how practicing the abundance theory can do wonders for your organization
- 21:01 – Learning to celebrate a team member’s success
- 23:13 – Learn how active listening can help you, as a leader deal with overstretched employees
- 28:01 – Favorite area of United States to spend time in? South Central Pennsylvania
- 28:36 – If you could have one season all year long, what would it be? Winter
- 29:04 – The worst part of business travel? Airports
- 29:13 – The best kind of food to order from hotel room service Oatmeal
- 29:46 – Your favorite kind movie Sci-fi
Connect with Melody:
32:16 – One Final Life Lesson: Go through life with confidence, positivity and a sense of humor
33:24 - Check out Naphtali’s new book: “Becoming the New Boss: The New Leader's Guide to Sustained Success”
In 2016, the global consulting market was worth more than 250 billion U.S. dollars. The management consultant sector, which generally advises organizations on how to improve their performance, had an expected market size of over 130 billion U.S. dollars in the same year.
- Highland FRS – Melody’s organization
- Becoming the New Boss: The New Leader's Guide to Sustained Success – Naphtali’s book
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session.