Getting to “Yes” with Phil Gerbyshak: Lead to Succeed 23
In this episode, Naphtali interviews Phil Gerbyshak, a sales and marketing technology speaker and trainer. Phil has some great advice for sales folks that is sure to help them achieve the success that they are yearning for. He highlights the value of persistence and overcoming rejection in sales. He delves into the various mindset challenges that sales reps face and provides tips to address these. He further suggests strategies to manage remote teams. Phil signs off by highlighting the importance of embracing new technology. Tune in and get some great insights from this sales and marketing guru.
- 01:15 – Naphtali introduces Phil
- 02:50 – Phil shares how ended up writing 3,000 articles over his 13 year blogging career
- 03:57 – Learn how you can deal with rejection in sales to finally get to that elusive “Yes”
- 08:18 – Is closing a sale a harder now than it was before?
- 09:20 – Learn how you persist in sales without being a pest
- 11:59 – What are some of the mindset challenges that sales reps need to address?
- 13:51 – Discussing the buyer centric nature of today’s market
- 17:10 – Challenges that you need to address while managing a remote team
- 19:34 – Learn how defining success is critical to extract desired performance from a remote employee
- 23:03 – Critical to hire great quality people who are an asset to your team
- 24:47 – Phil’s advice for folks who are averse to adopting new technology
- 30:58 – Your favorite color? Orange
- 31:11 – The worst mispronunciation of your last name? Gorbachev
- 31:23 – A tip to bring a smile to somebody’s face? Think about something fond from your past or something that you are looking forward to
- 31:54 – A little known social media hack Focus on building one relationship at a time
Connect with Phil:
- 34:10 – One Final Life Lesson: Learn as much as you can, from as many people as you can
80% of buyers say no 4 times before saying yes. However, 92% of sales reps give up after 4 negative answers. This means that only 1 in 10 sales people stand a chance to close most deals.
Connect with/Follow Naphtali:
Please subscribe to, rate and review the show. Your feedback gives social proof and encourages more folks to listen.
Please share this recording with your networks and tag me as well.
Contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free, no obligation executive/leadership coaching session.